When I talk to fellow entrepreneurs about sales success and sales failures, I generally focus on the evolution of the sales process and personnel. Well, Mark Suster, a VC and very good blogger, lays out my view almost exactly in his latest post on Startup Sales.
Read the whole thing, but here are his bulleted recommendations:
- Start by selling, yourself
- Next you need to hire “evangelical” sales people
- Don’t bring in the big guns yet
- Do many sales meetings together
- Don’t confuse your early sales success with a scalable sales process